Thursday, February 8, 2007

Spiritual Sprin Cleanin'

I reckon there's a time
for Spiritual Spring Cleanin' -
a little soul searchin' clarity,
maybe a few days in the desert
findin' out if there's a God (or many Gods)
maybe a magnetic energy vortex or
a Gypsy gonna clean my filthy aura
for a hundred and fifty dollars American.

I s'pose ya git what ya deserve -
the punishment of running
fast and forever
on an emotional treadmill in front of
a big picture window looking out
on to a busy boulevard.
A Mexican dude walks by
with a leaf blower
blasting clouds of dust, leaves and napkins
briefly skyward, then into the gutter
to be swept up each Tuesday
between 8 and 10.
And it'll cost ya fifty-five bucks
at least three times before ya learn
not to park there -
even for a snap, jiffy, tick, wink
or other indeterminable unit
of measuring time.

Anyway, it's all the same
wherever you go,
except that I think Hollywood
is just as tough as Brooklyn
or Chicago or Philly
or any of those other places,
and further out too.
And I think it'll cost me
fifty-five dollars in parking tickets
at least three times
and a hundred and fifty dollars American
before I realize that I really am
in love with her,
even if she don't love me the same.

No comments: